Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First Fruits

If you look closely you can see my first tomato of the season, in my very own garden! I'm not sure how long before I can pick and eat it, but I am watching it everyday to be sure I pick it just in time. Ethan's garden is actually doing better than mine. He picked his first pepper last night and we shared it at dinner. I don't think he even likes it, but having grown it himself he was brave enough to try. He kept asking me if it was suppose to taste that way and was I sure it was ready? I think he probably prefers his produce in a jar of pickling juice or cooked on top of a pizza. He has peppers and tomatoes and I have cucumbers and tomatoes. We almost have enough stuff for a salad! Mom has tomatoes and squash so before long we should have a great summer meal! I realize that this post is not overly exciting, but alas, this is the big life in the country. Watching things grow and eating. I might go out and take my laundry off the line when I get up enough motivation to get dressed, are 3 days long enough for towels to dry??

This is Lisa, living the county life and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment