Monday, May 3, 2010

Extreme Make-over - Front Porch Edition

BEFORE:




DURING:


Mom's front porch is really coming along. We painted the pew red and added some pretty pillows. Since this picture, there is a new iron planter on the far wall and a green chair with a plant, plus a few more potted flowers. You can't even see where I spilled a gallon of red paint on the porch can you? I really didn't even have to confess as I did a great job of painting it up and putting it back in the bucket. I had to pick it up with the paint brush because I spilled the entire bucket just as I was starting the work and I hate to have waste. So, instead of washing it away and buying more, I scooped it up with the paint brush and then washed off the stain. Just so happens that just when it spilled the water man walked up and saw it. I made him promise not to tell on me! However, I don't suggest this technique. It took more than an hour to get it all up and washed away. I was afraid mom would come home and panic when she saw the huge mess I made. I am sure she wouldn't be too surprised and that often happens to me when I am working. I admit I can be very messy, but I am horrible with paint. Always spill, and usually on me!
I will post the finished look in a few days. Mom has been in the yard and garden practically every day. She has lots of vegetables coming up as well as roses, lilies and other flowers. It is so pretty around her house. I think she likes gardening more than she likes cooking, which doesn't go so well with the rest of the family. We are getting hungry waiting for her to get back into the kitchen with some of her garden produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment