Friday, August 21, 2009

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Nanny, with her granddaughter Brianna, and great-granddaugher (I do mean great) Bailey. I stopped in unannounced and found Brianna and her girls enjoying a glass of tea with Nanny on the back porch. Ok, it just doesn't get any better than that for me. I so love living here close to Nanny, and when the grandkids come to visit and bring their precious children, well there is nothing more special as far as I'm concerned. I had a few little kids with me for a visit so we borrowed Bailey for a while and went to "town" to get snowcones. She made quick friends with my little friends and we had a blast. It was sort of hard to order snowcones for 4 little kids plus me, as I recall, we had 2 grape, 2 rootbeer and 1 vanilla. When I asked them what they wanted they looked at me and said, "What is there?". I looked up at that list of 1,000 flavors and said what any experienced aunt would say, cherry, strawberry and grape. Pick one. One of my friends can read very well so he tried to start down the list, but as soon as he requested root beer I said great, and made him go sit down. The snow cone shack has picnic tables and shade, plus a big fan, so we sat right there and ate them. They wanted to take them with us in the car, but fun aunt or not, that's where I draw the line! NO snowcones in my car!! Except mine, which I knocked over as soon as I got in, and it was the grape one......

No comments:

Post a Comment