Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Can Teach a Nanny New Tricks!

Ok, most people know that you shouldn't complain to me about not having something to do! I always have lots of suggestions. So, when Nanny was complaining about her gardening almost being over, I sat her down and handed her a crochet needle and a ball of yarn. She is currently working on what my crochet group has dubbed the "king kong chain". I told her that she has to chain for 2 weeks and then I will teach her a new stitch. Carryl wants her to move on after just one day of chaining, but I said, "No!" "She has to be able to chain in the dark without her contacts, and in her sleep if necessary". When she reaches that point, or until her chain reaches my house (3 miles) she just can keep chaining. Basically, I am trying to convince her that all crochet is, is chaining. Before you know it she should be cranking out the grandma dollies. (She probably should spend some time teaching me to spell). I have lots of yarn that I will donate and have already decided that most of her Christmas gifts can be scarfs and hats. So, if you are in the family, you might want to pray for really cold weather and possibly even snow, because if she crochets you a hat, you WILL be wearing it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment